Syllabus for JEE advanced: Chemistry including Physical chemistry, Inorganic chemistry and Organic chemistry; Mathematics including Algebra, Trigonometry, Differential calculus and Integral calculus; and Physics including Mechanics, Thermal physics, Optics, Electricity and magnetism.
- There are two question papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2 of three hours duration each. Both papers are compulsory.
- Each question paper will consist of three separate sections: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The question papers will consist of objective type (multiple choice and numerical answer type) questions designed to test comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability of candidates.
- Negative marks will be awarded for incorrect answers to some of the questions.
- The candidates must carefully read and adhere to the detailed instructions given in the question paper.
- The question paper will be in either English or Hindi. Candidates must exercise the choice of question paper language while registering for exam.